Coconut Crab in Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time : 5 mins | Cook Time : 30 mins | Servings : 6
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon chile flakes
- 4 sprigs cilantro zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pounds jumbo lump Gulf crabmeat, picked over
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 green onions, sliced into thin rings
- 12 lettuce leaves
- In a 3 qt. Color enamel Dutch oven combine coconut milk, cinnamon stick, star anise, chile flakes, cilantro, lime zest and juice, and sugar.
- Boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes. Strain. Cool to room temperature.
- Put crab in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add coconut milk mixture.
- Toss gently, add green onions. Toss again, taking care not to break up crab.
- Scoop into lettuce cups and serve.