Prep Time : 20 mins | Cook Time : 25 mins | Servings : 12
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) blueberries (can also use other berries)
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream butter with sugar; beat in eggs one at a time.
- Gradually stir in milk (mixture may appear curdled).
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients; pour in liquid and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into large paper-lined or well-greased muffin cups, filling to top.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.